Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY Headboard!! *First*


So I had yet to attempt a DIY project, at least involving anything power tool based anyway (dirty mind)!  So, after pleading and compromising for a couple of months...Mr. Fed (my man) finally decided it was time!! You have to understand that if he isn't ready then it won't happen for a while, BUT when he is...He gets what I call "Project Happy" and decides that everything has to be done now! Not tomorrow, but now! So, I had originally presented him with a plan from http://ana-white.com/, involving a headboard and footboard...But ultimately compromised on just a headboard. Hey, I'm not complaining...Mr. Fed wanted me to settle with a couple pieces of trim mounted in the shape of a square above the bed...I was not about to let that happen, lol!!  So, off to home depot he went (Mind you it's pouring snow outside)...while I stayed back and did womanly things like clean...Blah!  He got back unloaded all of the wood and proceeded to make the appropriate cuts (with my help of course!)

So handsome with his circular saw!! - See I'm helping!

Long story short...an hour later we had a headboard!  So easy!


and...after a quick paint job with some left over white paint...
VOILA!!
Highly recommend either refinishing or creating your own piece of furniture!  Not only are you recycling, but you are saving a TON of $!

Cheers!

No comments: